Monday, June 20, 2016

Midsummer un Dingsege

Happy Midsummer... it's 114 degrees outside currently... Summer is beyond here!

This rite is a time to honor Sunna, Ziu(Tyr), Volla, Voll (Twin siblings to Frigg), Vorsetzer (Forseti) {son of Balder}.

Oddly the fact today is the time of the Thing, really fits into what is going on in my life right now. I have no intention of elaborating on that just now.

I'll have to get back to you on what I do for this particular holiday, Unfortunately as along with the last one, I'm a little behind the 8 ball...

We've lost four folks to excessive heat in the past few days, it's a little challenging to think of the "life giving properties" of the sun right now. Most people in the Southwest would just like to escape the sun right now.

However I'll leave you with a pretty picture of a Distelfink pendant that I purchased a few days ago:


A Distelfink is a stylized goldfinch, that frequently appears in Pennsylvania Dutch folk art. It represents happiness and good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment