Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Whats in a name?

So even though the drag queens won, FaceBook is requesting my real name... Sh!t, Skullarix is as real a name as any I go by. I don't want to give it to them. However now that I've spent about two days with out said FB, I am really realizing how isolating it is. There are 5 groups that I am owner or moderator of, that are either gone or not being monitored. Countless people that I would really like to keep in touch with, up coming events that I would like to go to that I'm now cut off from.

At the same time that I am missing my "friends" I am realizing who my real friends are, the people who are texting me out of the blue asking how I'm doing.

Geez remember back in the day when NO ONE and I mean no one went by their real names on the 'net? It was all internet handles? What happened? Not that I am terribly prone to believing on conspiracies, but it kind of smacks of being cataloged. NSA linking us all together, traffic cameras tracking where we go. 1984 was a warning not a guide!!!!!!

So I am at a cross roads, while I have enjoyed social media for years now, starting with LiveJournal and ending with FB. Should I stay or should I go? Should I just leave it all gone or should I continue on? I was thinking of nuking my internet presence in a couple years anyway... maybe now is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment