Friday, January 1, 2016

Still here...Urglaawe??

Yep, I'm still here, no FB yet. I guess this is a form of social media isn't it.

Regardless, I just spent the morning creating  calendar, of my hearse and hearse related adventures. It was pretty fun to look back at my pictures from last year and make something that I will enjoy moving forward.

Perhaps I am old fashioned still, enjoy paper calendars. It's sort of like a mini Christmas at the end of every month. Then you get to look at this, hopeful, cool image for a month.

Some of the images I selected were probably not the most artistic or beautiful, but they trigger a memory for me of a fun trip or something fun I was doing... I'm thinking I should do this every year!

<---------------------------------->

Urglaawe...

So I've been kicking this idea around for a year, and I'm totally stealing it from my friend at the Nerdy Druid blog, I think. I'll have to look it up later. Anyway, the IDEA was to celebrate a full year's worth of holidays in the Urglaawe tradition.

"Skullarix, what is that?"

I'm so glad you asked in the most brief text, it is the Pennsylvania Dutch/German/Deitch Heathen tradition.

Sort of out of left field, I know! Hey, let me Google that for you: http://www.urglaawe.org/Englisch.html

I was going to start last month but I was intimidated by all the YULE traditions. As a Celt, and yes I still think of myself as a Celt, that has never changed. For another blog post, I should list out what I think is "Celtic" I find that it differs from most people.

As a Celt, we don't have many Yule traditions in particular. In fact this time of year I often feel cut off from my gods and traditions. Not so much this year, but I feel I was drawn into the muggle Hexmas drama a little more than I like.

So all that being said, here is a list of the common holidays... I guess I need to prep for Groundhog day or Grundsaudaag.

Yuul around the winter solstice
Grundsaudaag onFebruary 2
Oschdre at the vernal equinox
Walpurgisnacht on April 30
Midsummer near thesummer solstice
Hoietfescht in late July or early August
Erntfescht at the autumn equinox
Allelieweziel at Halloween

Slàinte mhath!
(Good health!)

No comments:

Post a Comment