Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sometimes it would be better if I was a...

Drag Queen... They have all the best stuff, and those boys can do make up better than any woman I know! I love Drag Queens, I loved the movie, To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.

Right now however I'm questioning how the great FB can decide to collect real names after "Drag queens win right to go by preferred names".

Facebook’s chief product officer, Chris Cox said one Facebook user reported several hundred accounts as fake, which prompted their incorporation into the company’s weekly fake names report. He said that 99% of the accounts that make that report are “bad actors doing bad things” like impersonating and bullying, and said nobody at Facebook had noticed the pattern of one person reporting specific types of accounts.

I'm not impersonating or bullying anyone, I don't know how my account would have been reported. I had around 500 friends, so if someone did report me, I would never figure out who it was. My theory is that they pull a chunk of names in and flag them and send the dreaded "change your name" e-mails.

*sigh* Since the dawn of the internet NO ONE has gone by their real name 'cept for celebrities and news people.

I guess Zuckerberg is going to change all the rules, and you HAVE to go by your real names.

See I think they are missing a great financial opportunity here, they could just charge you to go by an alternative name! I'd probably pay if it was a reasonable fee. Every time you wanted to change your name you could pay the fee again.

Meh, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment