Thursday, December 20, 2018

Watch dog horf*

I'm sure folks know by now that I have a BLM Mustang horse. I always say of her she is vigilant, this makes her a great watch dog, trouble is she can't bark.


I work from home and I have to be at work pretty early in the morning, somewhere around 7:30am-8:30am I hear this sound that, to me, sounds like someone trying to fire up the generator. I didn't think to much of it, I thought it was my father-in-law attempting to fire up the gene because they were out of power.


My husband wakes up and hears this sound and asks what it is, I tell him what I think it is and he says it doesn't sound right to be a gene. He goes out to start his day and I don't think to much about it. Not sure how much later, he comes in and he says, "you know what that sound is?!" I of course said I didn't know. He says, "it's your horf*," snorting because the neighbor's horses and goats are out!


I go outside, and sure enough, she's snorting and carrying on because the horses and goats are by our pump house, 300ft roughly. As we look at the neighbor's horses, we notice one has a halter and lead rope on. So waffle (aka the husband) says we should catch that horse and starts walking over. I told him that he can't go straight at them he kinda has to meander around like he lost his car keys and he's looking for them. He doesn't listen to me and starts walking over, and the horses take one look and trot back home.


Our neighbors came back and put their horses here they belong.




*Waffle adopted the use of "horf" when he thinks the horse is doing something stupid after Tango, touted to be "the stupidest horse ever" on Twitter.

=

No comments:

Post a Comment